HOW TO BUY
How to Spot Real Bulgari Jewelry And Differentiating The Bulgari Hallmarks
Jeweler to the Hollywood stars, socialites and lovers of high fashion, no luxury jewelry house does glamour quite like Bulgari. Heavily inspired by ancient Roman architecture, Bulgari has captivated jewelry lovers with their structured and richly adorned creations. However, as a highly acclaimed luxury jewelry brand, it is inevitable that counterfeit Bulgari pieces have made their way into the market. To prevent yourself from getting duped by fakes, check out our guide to learn how to spot real Bulgari jewelry, such as by differentiating the authentic Bulgari hallmark.
How to Spot Real Bulgari Jewelry
Bulgari jewelry is crafted with numerous hallmarks which help to distinguish fakes from genuine pieces. While having Bulgari jewelry authenticated by a luxury jewelry expert is the best way to be absolutely ensure that you have genuine jewelry, we have gathered our top tips to help you spot real Bulgari jewelry.
- All genuine Bulgari jewelry is stamped with an authentic Bulgari hallmark, the brand’s name, respective metal type and “MADE IN ITALY.”
- As Bulgari uses the classic Latin alphabet when printing their hallmark, the “U” is replaced with a “V” and is written as “BVLGARI.” Counterfeits often overlook this spelling.
- Authentic rings are stamped with their respective size on the inside of the band while fakes may have a random number printed or no number at all.
- Real Bulgari jewelry boxes and shopping bags are stamped with the brand’s name in gold. The outer jewelry boxes are stamped on the lid while inner boxes feature stamping on their lid as well as inside the box.
- All stamping will be clean, evenly spaced and easily legible.
- Bulgari only uses 18k gold, platinum, silver and steel for their jewelry.
- Bulgari is known for their affinity for gemstones and use high quality diamonds, pearls, malachite and turquoise among other colorful gemstones in their jewelry. Poorly cut, cloudy or abraded gemstones are big red flags.
- Imitation jewelry is commonly made with cheap materials and will feel lighter than their authentic counterparts.
- The cheap materials that imitation Bulgari jewelry is made with will fade over time. This is especially noticeable in the interior of imitation rings.
- Fake Bulgari jewelry can have rough, unfinished edges.
- Authentic B. Zero 1 rings compress and expand when pressed as opposed to fakes which are typically made of a solid piece of metal with etched grooves.
- Serpenti rings and bracelets are made with individual links that look like scales to make the jewelry flexible and easy to put on. Fakes are usually made with a solid piece of metal.
Where to buy real Bulgari jewelry?
Have our tips for spotting real Bulgari jewelry inspired you to buy Bulgari jewelry of your own? At Gemma by WP Diamonds, we believe in making luxury jewelry affordable for everyone. Shop from designer luxury jewelry brands such as Bulgari, Tiffany & Co. and Harry Winston at prices up to 80% off retail. All of our Bulgari jewelry is pre-owned and authenticated by our team of luxury jewelry experts with decades of industry experience. With our fantastic savings, wide collection of luxury jewelry, easy monthly payment options with our partner Affirm and free US shipping, shopping for Bulgari jewelry has never been more enjoyable.
Our favorite Bulgari jewelry
From bracelets, necklaces, rings and earrings, explore our favorite pieces from the Italian jewelry house.