HOW TO BUY
How to Update your Watch Collection
Luxury watches are more than just a way to observe the passing of time, they are fashion statements, status symbols and technological marvels. Whether you are a budding collector or are refining your collection, we’ll show you how to update your watch collection. Keep reading to discover what watches your collection needs, how much you should spend on your next timepiece and just where to buy luxury watches for the best value.
How to update your watch collection:
- Evaluate your current watch collection
- How much to spend on a luxury watch
- How to fund your watch collection
- Is it best to buy new or pre-owned watches?
- Our luxury watch recommendations
When it comes to updating your watch collection, your first step is to think about the watches you already have. What do you think your watch collection is missing? Ask yourself the following questions to get a better understanding of the kinds of watches that will best complete your collection:
- Do you want your collection to span all categories of watches, signature models from the most popular watchmakers or have one watch that does it all?
- What is your style, daily routine and interests? Do you want a watch that will be appropriate to wear in all situations or have several watches curated for different events?
- Do you need a dress watch for formal occasions, sports watch to go with all of your adventures or a gold watch to celebrate a major event like graduation or wedding?
- Does your collection have a theme? Perhaps you admire chronographs, crave all exclusive Submariners or want to own all James Bond watches on the market.
- Are you looking for watches that will always be timeless or want to keep up with the latest trends?
- Do you want a vintage watch or something more modern?
Everyone knows that luxury watches are not cheap. And it is too easy to be tempted to buy a beautiful timepiece that’s well out of your budget. Save yourself from buyer’s remorse by setting a budget. The following questions will help you to do so:
- Which brand do you want to buy? Certain brands are more affordable than others. For example, a Tag Heuer Carrera will set you back far less than a Patek Philippe Calatrava.
- Are you going to invest your money into one watch that’s perfect for all occasions or do you plan to buy several watches over the years to meet all of your needs? If you are thinking about purchasing one watch that does it all, you might want to give yourself a larger budget than if you are allocating money for several timepieces.
- Are you looking for an entry level watch with a lower price point to kickstart your watch collection? Entry level watches are a great starting point for the budding collector so they can enjoy wearing a luxury watch while saving up for more extravagant watches in the future.
While not everyone has the cash on hand to devote to their watch collection, we have two convenient options for affording the watch of your dreams:
- We offer affordable monthly payment plans through our partner Affirm.
- Sell any jewelry or luxury watches that you no longer love and accept the offer in cash or in Gemma by WP Diamonds store credit for 10% more. Simply fill out our online from to get a price quote for all of your luxury items and our experts will shortly be in touch. Selling with us is always free, secure and so fast that you can get paid in as little as 24 hours after completing the form.
Is it best to buy new or pre-owned watches?
When it comes to buying your next watch, you may have wondered if you should buy it brand new or pre-owned. Buying pre-owned luxury items has become popular and thrifty option because you can purchase an authentic luxury watches at a fraction of their brand-new store price. At Gemma by WP Diamonds, all of our watches are assessed by our watch experts for authenticity and quality, so you can always shop with confidence.
With prices up to 80% off retail, Gemma by WP Diamonds is your online destination for genuine luxury watches, diamonds and designer jewelry. Enjoy shopping for your favorite brands such as Rolex, Patek Philippe and Omega at fantastic prices. Shopping at Gemma by WP Diamonds is always affordable with our monthly payment plans with our partner Affirm, free US shipping and 14 day return policy.
Our luxury watch recommendations
Check out our top luxury watch recommendations to complete your collection:
All around watch – Rolex Datejust
If you’re looking for a watch that does it all, there is no better match than Rolex’s Datejust. This timeless watch has been beloved by men and women since its debut in 1945. With its elegant design, sturdy case, water resistance, cyclops lens and exceptionally precise movement, the Datejust is your perfect companion. With numerous case sizes, dials, hour markers, bracelets and metals to select from, there’s a Rolex Datejust for everyone.
Sports – Omega Dark Side of the Moon
For the adventurous watch wearer who needs a watch that’s just as tough as them, Omega’s Dark Side of the Moon is their perfect match. This Speedmaster is crafted from a single block of black zirconium oxide ceramic, a sleek addition to Omega’s iconic collection. As a chronograph this watch features two subdials as well as a date window for added functionality. With Omega’s multitude of interchangeable NATO-inspired straps, you can always have an extra strap on hand to accommodate your style.
Diving – Breitling Superocean II 44
If you are a lover of deep dives, Brightling’s Superocean II 44 can handle all of your underwater journeys. This watch is water resistant up to a remarkable 1,000 meters and features a helium escape valve to depressurize the watch at great depths. The Superocean II 44’s unidirectional rotating bezel is made with a robust high-tech ceramic to resist scratches and impacts. With its large Arabic numerals, 24-hour index, date window and luminous coating, this watch will be easy to read, even in the darkest of settings.
Dress – Patek Philippe Calatrava
There is no watch more classic than Patek Philippe’s Calatrava. With its simple yet refined design, the Calatrava is an exquisite dress watch. The dial features elongated Roman numeral hour markers as well as small seconds. With the Calatrava’s transparent case back, you can enjoy its masterful movement.