HOW TO BUY
Pre-Owned Tiffany Engagement Rings
For over 100 years, Tiffany engagement rings have been a symbol of everlasting love. After all, who hasn’t dreamed of receiving that little blue box with a breathtaking diamond ring inside? But should you buy new or pre-owned? For those considering buying a used and pre-owned Tiffany engagement ring, keep reading to find out where, why and how to do so.
About Tiffany engagement rings
First let’s take a closer look at the history of Tiffany engagement rings. In 1886, Charles Tiffany, the founder of Tiffany & Co., revolutionized the engagement ring. Tiffany travelled the world for the most exceptional gemstones, quickly earning him the title “The King of Diamonds”. With a strong focus on sourcing and using only the very best of gems, he wanted to ensure that these stones were set in a way that allowed them to shine. Prior to this, diamonds in engagement rings were bezel set. While this provided a secure setting for the diamond, only the top of the diamond was visible and the rest was hidden. Furthermore, the rings were frequently ornate which only further detracted from the diamond itself.
Looking to create an engagement ring setting that truly showcased the beauty of the stone, Charles Tiffany designed the iconic Tiffany Setting. He devised a simple, elegant setting with 6 prongs that securely lifted the diamond above the band. With the diamond elevated, light could easily enter the diamond and allow for maximum sparkle. Over 100 years later, Tiffany Setting remains the must-have engagement ring setting, emulated by countless jewelers and coveted by brides-to-be around the world.
Why buy pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings?
There are plenty of fantastic reasons to purchase a used and pre-owned Tiffany engagement ring.
- Price: One of the best reasons to buy a pre-owned Tiffany engagement ring is the price. Second-hand and used jewelry is available for purchase for a fraction of the price of its original cost. This means that your money will go further by buying pre-owned. Shop our collection of pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings at up to 60% off retail.
- Quality: All Tiffany engagement rings are made to the highest of standards and are designed to last. Just because a ring is pre-owned, the high-end materials and craftsmanship that went into creating the engagement ring will not be affected. Once the engagement ring is cleaned and polished, it will look just as great as the day it was bought.
- Sustainability: he reality is that the metal and diamond mining involved in making new jewelry has a serious impact on the environment. It requires huge amounts of fuel and water and produces significant amounts of greenhouse gases and toxic cyanide, polluting land and waterways. By shopping used and pre-owned, you are making an eco-friendly choice as this alleviates the demand for mining which in turn reduces the damage to our planet.
- Vintage: When you shop pre-owned, you can browse a plethora of used Tiffany engagement ring style, both current and vintage. So why not opt for a vintage Tiffany engagement ring? These rings are unique and imbued with history.
Where to buy pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings?
Looking to buy pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings at exceptional prices? Gemma by WP Diamonds has you covered. We are a BBB accredited business with a wide assortment of used and pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings that have been thoroughly authenticated by our experts. Shop a wide array of engagement rings, designer jewelry and luxury watches at up to 80% off retail prices. To make our products even more affordable, we provide affordable monthly payments with our partner Affirm, free US shipping and a 14-day return policy.
How to buy pre-owned Tiffany engagement rings
Follow these four steps to find your perfect Tiffany engagement ring.
1. Pick a gemstone: While Tiffany is known for their outstanding diamonds, they also sell engagement rings with vibrant gemstones such as tanzanite and rubies.
2. Pick a shape: While round diamonds in engagement rings are always timeless, you might also consider a chic emerald, modern pear or romantic heart shaped diamond.
3. Pick a setting: Tiffany’s classic setting is a solitaire diamond mounted on a simple band. But you may decide to opt for a glamorous pave diamond band for additional sparkle, a diamond halo to make center stone appear even bigger or to add a pop of color with gemstone side stones.
4. Set a budget: Deciding how much you are looking to spend on an engagement ring is an important decision. Make sure to set a realistic budget that you are comfortable with. The good news is that with Gemma, your money will go further. Not only do we offer pre-owned engagement rings at up to 80% off retail, but you can also opt for affordable monthly payment plans through our partner Affirm.