HOW TO BUY
How to Buy Used Rolex Watches
For over a century, Rolex watches have stood as the pinnacle of watchmaking with masterful craftsmanship and timeless designs. But how to get an affordable Rolex watch? Shop pe-owned. Whether you are a first-time luxury watch buyer or are upgrading your collection, shopping for used Rolex watches is financially savvy option for any watch enthusiast. Keep reading as our watch experts share the advantages of used Rolex watches, tips for finding your perfect model and where you can shop for affordable luxury timepieces.
History of Rolex
In 1902, Hans Wilsdorf founded a watch distribution company what would later evolve into Rolex. Wilsdorf sought to create precise and elegant wristwatches at a time where wristwatches were primarily worn by women and renowned for their inaccuracy. Wilsdorf equipped his watches with small and very precise movements, earning Rolex the first Swiss Certificate of Chronometric Precision for wristwatches.
Wilsdorf pursued continuous horological innovation with Rolex spearheading countless watch advancements earning the manufacturer national acclaim. In 1926, Rolex invented the Oyster case, the first hermetically sealed case protecting the movement from dust and moisture. A year later, Rolex gave swimmer Mercedes Gleitze an Oyster watch to wear as she swam the English Channel. After ten hours in freezing waters, the Oyster remained fully functional.
Throughout its history Rolex continued to revolutionize the watch industry with innovations such as the first self-winding movement in 1931 and a series of professional watches equipped with tools that went beyond telling time. From the Submariner’s durability underwater to GMT’s dual time zones to Daytona’s chronograph, Rolex offers durable and luxurious timepieces for all watch wearers.
Advantages of buying used Rolex watches
Shopping for used Rolex watches comes with plenty of advantages:
- Sustainable: Shopping pre-owned Rolex watches is an eco-friendly practice as it extends the lives of existing watches without you having to contribute to harmful mining practices for precious metals.
- Savings: When you shop second-hand watches your money always goes further. Get up to 60% off retail prices with used Rolex watches.
- Functionality: Buying a used Rolex does not mean compromising on quality. When regularly serviced, Rolex watches can be maintained for generations. This means that you can be sport a vintage 1945 Datejust that functions just like new.
- Selection: On the pre-owned market you have an endless array of Rolex watches to shop from such as current models, vintage pieces as well as exclusive Daytonas and Submariners.
How to buy used Rolex watches
The most important part of buying a used Rolex watch is to buy it from pre-owned luxury experts. There are many counterfeit Rolex watches on the market so it will need to have been authenticated by specialists. At Gemma by WP Diamonds, that’s what we do. Our team of luxury watch experts have the knowledge and expertise to source and authenticate genuine pre-owned Rolex watches.
But other than buying from Rolex experts, what other factors should be considered?
Style: Rolex divides their watches into two categories: classic and professional watches.
Classic: Rolex’s Classic watches consists of models including the Datejust, Oyster Perpetual and Cellini which are streamlined timepieces that honor Rolex’s watchmaking heritage.
Professional: Rolex’s Professional watches offer an array of complications to suit activities such as motor sport, yachting and diving which includes models such as the Daytona, Yacht-Master and Sea-Dweller.
Complications: Unlike other luxury watch brands who sell timepieces overflowing with complications, Rolex watches offer a succinct selection including date, dual time zone, chronograph, tachymeter and moonphase. The complications you want will narrow down your selection of Rolex watches.
Age: As Rolex has crafted watches for over a century, you can shop for pre-owned antique, vintage and modern Rolex timepieces.
- Antique: Watches that predate 1935
- Vintage: Watches made from 1935 to 1990
- Modern: Watches made after 1990
Budget: Pre-owned Rolex watches come in a wide array of prices. Vintage Speedkings can cost as little as $2,000 while exclusive Daytonas will set you back several thousand dollars. As it is all too easy to splurge on luxury watches, be sure to set a realistic budget that you can stick to ahead of time.
How to afford a Rolex watch
While not everyone has the cash on hand to spend on their perfect Rolex watch, Gemma by WP Diamonds provides genuine Rolex watches at up to 60% off, pre-owned and authenticated by our team of experts. We also offer two easy options for affording your next Rolex:
1. We provide easy monthly payment plans through our partner Affirm.
2. Sell any luxury watches, diamonds and designer jewelry that you no longer love to WP Diamonds for cash or for 10% more on your offer in store credit. Just complete the online form to get a price quote on your items. Their selling process is entirely free, secure and can take as little as 24 hours.
Where to buy used Rolex watches
We carry pre-owned Rolex watches of all styles at outstanding discounts. From Datejusts to Submariners and Daytonas, we sell a wide array of used Rolex watches to delight any watch enthusiast. With an A+ BBB rating and excellent reviews, we are committed to make shopping for pre-owned Rolex watches easy and enjoyable. Customers love our fantastic savings, affordable monthly payment plans with our partner Affirm, free US shipping and 14-day return policy.
Our favorite used Rolex watches
Explore our top pre-owned Rolex picks: